DAY 8 – GARMENTS OF LIGHT
Yesterday we did a house cleaning, so let us clothe ourselves with the Light today. Jesus Christ is the True Light and He lights up our way.
“The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light. “ Rom 13:12
When we entertain darkness (dark thoughts of negative thinking) we lose some of the radiance of God’s glory, for Light doesn’t commune with darkness. Remember, “As a man thinks in his heart, so is he” (Prov.23:7).
The Armor of light is also to protect us against the attacks of the enemy on our mind, by simply choosing to reject every negative thought while clothing ourselves with the graces of the Spirit.
“But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof. ” Rom 13:14
So let us not look at our problems, getting drawn into it emotionally, but let us look to Jesus and bathe that problem in the light of His countenance. As we worship Him, let us ascend into His presence in the glory and ask Him to give us light on the subject in the form of divine Wisdom, heavenly perspective (seeing it from the Lord’s perspective), divine strategy. God might speak to us in visions, dreams, through the Word, through someone else and in many other ways.
Now we can declare what we see and hear by faith. (Make a separate list of what God shows you in this time).
We receive what we ask by faith according to Your will, oh Lord, so we DECLARE IN JESUS’ NAME: (Eph 5:14)
“Wake up, sleeper! Rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.” (Declare this Scripture over those who are in bondage of sin and addictions, also those who are backslidden and luke-warm).
- That as the eyes of our hearts (and those we pray for and with) are enlightened, our minds are bathed in light, receiving fresh revelation from the Presence of God
- We are clothed with the armour of light –
with bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering (Col.3:12)
- We see ourselves and our loved ones breaking through into new dimensions of the knowledge of Christ
- Light dispels darkness. Therefore we receive the light of God’s glory, shining into our problem areas and we declare salvation, healing, deliverance and breakthrough into freedom in Christ for all!
- We are clothed with Christ, clothed in love and humility, shining His light everywhere we go, radiating His glory.