Day 13 – The Power of Blessing
There is tremendous power in blessing. When we start speaking blessing over everyone and everything around us we will stand amazed at the way in which things turn around. When we release the priestly blessing over people, we call the glory of God over them.
DECLARATION: We bless ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
with an invasion of the glory of the Lord – in Jesus’ Name! The Word tells us to even bless our enemies.
Ask the Lord to shine the light on your heart, showing you where you have stopped your own blessing by thinking and speaking or expecting negative outcome. This relates to every area of your existence. Repent of it and apply the Blood of Jesus to remove the curse thereof, replacing it with the blessing of the Word of Truth.
Many are experiencing financial difficulties, facing major mountains.
The problem becomes greater to the degree that you focus on it. Worry, fear and doubt will not change anything, but it can be very detrimental to your health and could attract exactly that which you do not want. So let’s deal with the real state of the heart first:
1) Repent of any negative thought, word or expectation – e.g. stress, worry, fear, anxiety, complaining, murmuring, etc. Ask the Lord to wash you with the blood of Jesus.
2) Now hand over the issue to the Lord (Matt11:28)
3) Take your eyes off the problem and fix them on Jesus, praising Him for being your Provider in all your need.
4) Stop looking to people to solve your problem. God will speak to someone without your help and He is watching your heart to see whether you are truly trusting Him.
5) Break the curse of lack, want and poverty and believe God!
6) Give into the Kingdom what God puts on your heart and give joyfully! This is your opportunity for blessing.
7) Now declare your financial breakthrough into abundance.
8) When you receive an unexpected blessing, ask God how much He wants you to sow into the Kingdom. He will multiply your seed – IF you believe! So give into His glory as an act of worship!
9) Keep on blessing your finances with plenty for every good work and watch what God will do, rejoicing in His Word of overflowing provision.
- “The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not want”. (Ps.23)
- The Lord shall provide in all my need according to the riches of His glory in Christ Jesus” (Phil.4:19)
- Deut.28 (If you are obedient in all your ways).
10) Adopt a mindset of being blessed and walking in abundance. Then speak it forth by faith, fully persuaded that God will do what He says in His Word.
When praying for our family members for breakthrough, remember to do the following:
1) Repent on behalf of them for any sin, transgression or iniquity (like Nehemiah)
2) Repent of anything you yourself might have said (or someone else) in judgment against the person, which the enemy can use as accusation against him/her to hinder his/her breakthrough
3) Repent if you have put any pressure on the person to get him/her to do right through words, attitudes or actions. Also forgive yourself and release it to the Lord.
4) Repent for any generational sin which could bring a curse on the person you pray for and declare that those curses are paid for with the blood of Jesus
5) Prophesy destiny into the person and call forth his/her future in Christ
6) Bless the person(s) with the priestly blessing (we, as born again believers, are all part of the royal priesthood).
King James Version (KJV)
23 Speak unto Aaron and unto his sons, saying, On this wise ye shall bless the children of Israel, saying unto them,
24 The Lord bless thee, and keep thee:
25 The Lord make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
26 The Lord lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
27 And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel, and I will bless them.
I want to encourage you to count your own blessings and then start being creative, blessing every situation and everybody with that which you would desire for yourself and which would bring glory to God.
Now: Bless every person, situation and facet of your life (spirit, soul and body (health), family, finances, relationships, business or ministry) with God’s grace, favor and glory in Jesus’ Name!
The Lord bless you all with a new outlook and a new attitude to speak, think and act in being a blessing, bringing God glory in everything. Hallelujah!